Technical Training and Courses
Basic Soldering Skills Course
Who Should Attend?
Personnel with no previous experience of hand soldering techniques or those wishing to improve their knowledge and standard of hand soldering
On completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Learn and practice basic hand soldering techniques as used in the manufacture of electronic assemblies.
- Safe working practices & procedures in hand soldering.
- Solder & the soldering process.
- Soldering tools & equipment.
- Soldering to various types of terminals e.g. pin, tag, cup, bifurcated etc.
- Stripping & tinning and terminating cable ends.
- Desoldering techniques.
- Fitting protective sleeves to solder joints using heat-shrinking techniques.
- Soldering axial & radial lead components to printed circuit boards.
- Soldering multi-lead devices to printed circuit boards e.g. transistors and dual-in-line packs.
- Inspection and testing of soldered assemblies.
- Rectification of faulty solder joints.
- Quality standards